- Mongoose Media Appoints Nicholas Ng As Vice President, Sales
- New Appointments For Mongoose Media: New Editor In Chief For Esquire Malaysia And Expatriate Lifestyle
- The Men's Health Women's Health Night Run By AIA Vitality
- A Night Of Style At The Inaugural ELLE Style Awards
- Mongoose Publishing Wins 5 Awards At Last Night's 2016 MPAS Awards Ceremony
- Mongoose Media Reports Record Digital Traffic In Malaysia And Singapore
- ELLE Malaysia Announces The Launch Of ELLE Style Awards
- Men's Health Women's Health Night Run By Aia Vitality Hosts 14,000 Runners In Putrajaya
- Mongoose Media Launches Interactive Editions For ELLE And Esquire
- Mongoose Media Elevates Patrick Brennan To Group CEO
- Esquire Singapore named as a finalist in the SOPA 2016 Awards
- Esquire launches defining website for men in Singapore
- Men's Health Women's Health Night Run by AIA Vitality - Malaysia's Largest Night Run Series!
- ELLE Malaysia enjoys "Best Lifestyle App" success at WAN-IFRA Digital Media Awards
- Mongoose Publishing celebrates 15 wins at MPA Malaysia Awards 2015
- Mongoose Names Claire Burgess Strategy & Business Director
- Men's Health Malaysia Reveals Eugene Phua as New Editor
- Time Out Singapore goes free from December
- Mongoose Announces New Editor-in-Chief for Esquire Malaysia
- Mongoose Hires Patrick Brennan as Director of Business Development
- Time Out Kuala Lumpur Digital Traffic Hits Record High
- Mongoose Earns Two Prestigious Wins at Spark Awards for Media Excellence 2015
- Time Out Singapore Announces Week of Free
- Mongoose Publishing appoints Kate Guest as ELLE Editor-In-Chief
- TIME OUT MALAYSIA KIDS LAUNCHES!
- Expatriate Lifestyle Charity Open 2015
- Mongoose in Singapore Crowned "Media Publishing Company of the Year" For The Second Year Running at 2015 MPAS Awards
- FIPP meets...Mongoose Publishing's chief content officer, Matt Bellotti
- Women's Health Magazine launched!
- Sueann Chong named Editor for launch of Women's Health Malaysia
- Mongoose announces Lynette Ow as new Editorial Director
- Time Out reveals top places to eat in KL right now
- Zul Andra named Editor-in-Chief of Esquire Singapore
- Mongoose Publishing wins most awards at MPA Awards 2014
- Expatriates Rank The Best Of Malaysia's Hotels, Resorts & Attractions
- Mongoose to announce new Editor-in-Chiefs for Esquire Singapore and Esquire Malaysia
- Mongoose Wins Gold at The Spark Awards 2014
- Timeout Singapore welcomes new editor on board
- Mongoose Publishing launches Women's Health Malaysia
- Time Out Kuala Lumpur recognised at SOPA Awards
- Time Out Penang 2014/15 officially launched by Tourism Exco
- RM60,000 raised at the Expatriate Lifestyle Charity Open 2014
- Mongoose Publishing sweeps 15 awards to become "Media Publishing Company of the Year 2014" at the 2014 MPAS Awards
- Esquire Malaysia takes gold and silver awards at The Asia Media Awards 2014
- Lynette Ow appointed as new General Manager, Marketing of Mongoose Publishing
- ELLE MALAYSIA LAUNCHED!
- Elle Malaysia Magazine Launches Website & App
- Esquire Malaysia Selected "Best International Magazine Cover Of 2013"
- Esquire Singapore Unveils New Managing Editor
- Esquire's Malaysia Movember Movement Raises 100,000 for The National Cancer Society of Malaysia
- KL dining scene celebrates all time high!
- Time Out Kuala Lumpur Wins "Best Magazine Website" In Asia
- Esquire magazine announces Malaysia's Best Dressed Real Man for 2013
- Mongoose Publishing Acquires Men's Health Malaysia
- The Best of Malaysia's Hotels, Resorts & Attractions 2013 - Revealed!
- ELLE Malaysia Magazine Announces Key Roles
- ELLE Announce Editor-In-Chief
- ELLE Malaysia Unveils The Editor-in-Chief
- Time Out Singapore named "Digital Media Product of the Year" at 2013 MPAS Awards
- Esquire Singapore sweeps three awards at 2013 MPAS Awards
- Esquire Malaysia's Eric Bana cover cited as a 'favourite cover of 2013'
- ELLE Magazine to launch in Malaysia
- Esquire Malaysia presents Brilliant Malaysians Raises RM83,000 For Malaysian Diabetes Association
- An Expatriate View on Malaysia - Matt Bellotti talks about cross-cultural management challenges in Malaysia
- Time Out Penang Ready to Rock Penang in May 2013
- Esquire Malaysia and Singapore's Editor-in-Chief Sam Coleman on "The Morning Bell" @Capital TV
- Mongoose Publishing Celebrates Record Award Winning Week
- Mongoose Publishing to take over publishing rights of Time Out Singapore magazine from October 2012
- Esquire Launches in Singapore
- Mongoose Tweeting Team Malaysia To Gold
- Mongoose Publishing Unveils New Titles
- Hearst Magazines International Launches Esquire in Singapore Starting with The September Issue
- Esquire Magazine to Hit Singapore's Shores in September 2012
- Time Out Kuala Lumpur is The Best Entertainment and Lifestyle Magazine in Malaysia
- Esquire Malaysia is the Best Men's Fashion Magazine in Malaysia
MONGOOSE TWEETING TEAM MALAYSIA TO GOLD
Date: 30 July 2012
Source: Mongoose Publishing
30 July 2012, Kuala Lumpur: The team at Mongoose Publishing are getting behind “Team Malaysia” at the London Olympics 2012 with a campaign of personal support on social media network Twitter.
The 30 sportsmen and women in the London Games have each been voluntarily ‘adopted’ by a member of the Mongoose team, who will then follow their progress, Tweeting information about when we can see them perform, their progress, and also directly send them messages of good luck and support over the two weeks of the Games.
With several of the country’s biggest magazine Twitter accounts, including Esquire Malaysia (@esquiremy), Expatriate Lifestyle > (@ELMalaysia), Time Out Penang (@timeoutpenang) and more than 14,000 followers for Time Out Kuala Lumpur magazine (@timeoutkl), Mongoose delivers scores of Twitter updates every day.
However, in this unique campaign, it is the individual Mongoose staff who are at the forefront of communicating, and the team have relished the opportunity to get behind the Malaysian athletes as they represent the country in front of a worldwide audience of more than a billion people in London. Staff in every department, from editorial, sales, design, marketing, PR, digital and administration are joining in and sending a Tweet to our sports stars.
“It’s really good fun,” said Zazarina Zainal Abidin (@xaxareena), Mongoose’s Web Designer. “I watched Koo Kien Keat and Tan Boon Heong win their first two group matches in the Men’s Double Badminton. I would love it if they can win Malaysia’s first ever gold medal. And supporting them on Twitter makes it even better!”
“I’m following a diver and I don’t know anything about diving!” laughed Senior Account Executive on Time Out KL, Mindy Low (@mashivader). “But I’ve found out that my diver, Pandelela Rinong is the only Malaysian to be competing in three different Olympic events. Good luck to her!”
The Mongoose team have created a special hashtag #OlympicMongoose to follow their campaign. Chief Content Officer Matt Bellotti (@MCMattSally) explains “We are finding out more about events such as the Cycling Keirin, Laser Sailing or 10metre synchronized platform diving that we are not familiar with. We are also giving exposure to sportsmen and women that deserve recognition. Mongoose are proud to be offering our support for Team Malaysia in a way that no other company is.”
“The Olympic Games are the most inspiring global event on Earth. The Games are also the pinnacle of an individual’s career and even life. They work so hard to get there, they make so many sacrifices and often have to pay their own way with next to no public support. Yet in the whole world, these Malaysian stars are among the very best in their discipline. We are proud that they are representing Malaysia and the Mongoose team are only too keen to lend a Tweet to show our support.”
EXAMPLES OF TWEETS:Jer Rei Ting@jerreiting No, Lee Hup Wei's not Lee Chong Wei's brother! -.- He's Malaysia one and only high-jumper for London Olympics. Support him! #OlympicMongoose
Shawal Ras@ShawalRas We will be watching our adopted athlete. Khairul Anuar Mohamad. Make me proud. #Archery #Malaysia #OlympicMongoose
Mei Tan@valx Heidi Gan Fun Fact: started open water swimming less than 3 years ago; have already won 5km&10km at SEA Games. #OlympicMongoose