- Mongoose Media Appoints Nicholas Ng As Vice President, Sales
- New Appointments For Mongoose Media: New Editor In Chief For Esquire Malaysia And Expatriate Lifestyle
- The Men's Health Women's Health Night Run By AIA Vitality
- A Night Of Style At The Inaugural ELLE Style Awards
- Mongoose Publishing Wins 5 Awards At Last Night's 2016 MPAS Awards Ceremony
- Mongoose Media Reports Record Digital Traffic In Malaysia And Singapore
- ELLE Malaysia Announces The Launch Of ELLE Style Awards
- Men's Health Women's Health Night Run By Aia Vitality Hosts 14,000 Runners In Putrajaya
- Mongoose Media Launches Interactive Editions For ELLE And Esquire
- Mongoose Media Elevates Patrick Brennan To Group CEO
- Esquire Singapore named as a finalist in the SOPA 2016 Awards
- Esquire launches defining website for men in Singapore
- Men's Health Women's Health Night Run by AIA Vitality - Malaysia's Largest Night Run Series!
- ELLE Malaysia enjoys "Best Lifestyle App" success at WAN-IFRA Digital Media Awards
- Mongoose Publishing celebrates 15 wins at MPA Malaysia Awards 2015
- Mongoose Names Claire Burgess Strategy & Business Director
- Men's Health Malaysia Reveals Eugene Phua as New Editor
- Time Out Singapore goes free from December
- Mongoose Announces New Editor-in-Chief for Esquire Malaysia
- Mongoose Hires Patrick Brennan as Director of Business Development
- Time Out Kuala Lumpur Digital Traffic Hits Record High
- Mongoose Earns Two Prestigious Wins at Spark Awards for Media Excellence 2015
- Time Out Singapore Announces Week of Free
- Mongoose Publishing appoints Kate Guest as ELLE Editor-In-Chief
- TIME OUT MALAYSIA KIDS LAUNCHES!
- Expatriate Lifestyle Charity Open 2015
- Mongoose in Singapore Crowned "Media Publishing Company of the Year" For The Second Year Running at 2015 MPAS Awards
- FIPP meets...Mongoose Publishing's chief content officer, Matt Bellotti
- Women's Health Magazine launched!
- Sueann Chong named Editor for launch of Women's Health Malaysia
- Mongoose announces Lynette Ow as new Editorial Director
- Time Out reveals top places to eat in KL right now
- Zul Andra named Editor-in-Chief of Esquire Singapore
- Mongoose Publishing wins most awards at MPA Awards 2014
- Expatriates Rank The Best Of Malaysia's Hotels, Resorts & Attractions
- Mongoose to announce new Editor-in-Chiefs for Esquire Singapore and Esquire Malaysia
- Mongoose Wins Gold at The Spark Awards 2014
- Timeout Singapore welcomes new editor on board
- Mongoose Publishing launches Women's Health Malaysia
- Time Out Kuala Lumpur recognised at SOPA Awards
- Time Out Penang 2014/15 officially launched by Tourism Exco
- RM60,000 raised at the Expatriate Lifestyle Charity Open 2014
- Mongoose Publishing sweeps 15 awards to become "Media Publishing Company of the Year 2014" at the 2014 MPAS Awards
- Esquire Malaysia takes gold and silver awards at The Asia Media Awards 2014
- Lynette Ow appointed as new General Manager, Marketing of Mongoose Publishing
- ELLE MALAYSIA LAUNCHED!
- Elle Malaysia Magazine Launches Website & App
- Esquire Malaysia Selected "Best International Magazine Cover Of 2013"
- Esquire Singapore Unveils New Managing Editor
- Esquire's Malaysia Movember Movement Raises 100,000 for The National Cancer Society of Malaysia
- KL dining scene celebrates all time high!
- Time Out Kuala Lumpur Wins "Best Magazine Website" In Asia
- Esquire magazine announces Malaysia's Best Dressed Real Man for 2013
- Mongoose Publishing Acquires Men's Health Malaysia
- The Best of Malaysia's Hotels, Resorts & Attractions 2013 - Revealed!
- ELLE Malaysia Magazine Announces Key Roles
- ELLE Announce Editor-In-Chief
- ELLE Malaysia Unveils The Editor-in-Chief
- Time Out Singapore named "Digital Media Product of the Year" at 2013 MPAS Awards
- Esquire Singapore sweeps three awards at 2013 MPAS Awards
- Esquire Malaysia's Eric Bana cover cited as a 'favourite cover of 2013'
- ELLE Magazine to launch in Malaysia
- Esquire Malaysia presents Brilliant Malaysians Raises RM83,000 For Malaysian Diabetes Association
- An Expatriate View on Malaysia - Matt Bellotti talks about cross-cultural management challenges in Malaysia
- Time Out Penang Ready to Rock Penang in May 2013
- Esquire Malaysia and Singapore's Editor-in-Chief Sam Coleman on "The Morning Bell" @Capital TV
- Mongoose Publishing Celebrates Record Award Winning Week
- Mongoose Publishing to take over publishing rights of Time Out Singapore magazine from October 2012
- Esquire Launches in Singapore
- Mongoose Tweeting Team Malaysia To Gold
- Mongoose Publishing Unveils New Titles
- Hearst Magazines International Launches Esquire in Singapore Starting with The September Issue
- Esquire Magazine to Hit Singapore's Shores in September 2012
- Time Out Kuala Lumpur is The Best Entertainment and Lifestyle Magazine in Malaysia
- Esquire Malaysia is the Best Men's Fashion Magazine in Malaysia
MONGOOSE PUBLISHING CELEBRATES RECORD AWARD-WINNING WEEK
Date: 3 December 2012
Source: Mongoose Publishing
Time Out KL won an unprecedented Bronze Award in the category “Best Magazine Website in Asia” at the recently held World Association of Newspapers and News Publishers (WAN- IFRA) Asian Digital Media Awards – the first time a Malaysian publisher has won an award in this category. The Asian Digital Media Awards recognise publishers who have adopted digital media as part of their total product offer to meet the major changes in how people consume news and information. More than 50 media companies from 16 countries across Asia and the Middle-East participated in this competition.
Time Out Kuala Lumpur also won 8 awards at the Malaysian Magazine Publishers Association (MPA) awards held on 29 November 2012. They won 2 Merit and 1 Gold Award for Best Editorial, 3 Silver Awards for the Best Design and the Silver AND Gold Awards for the Best Covers.
“Time Out KL swept the board in its category and snagging both the Gold and Silver for Best Magazine Cover is especially pleasing. Not least coming as this does hot on the heels of our WAN-IFRA Bronze Award for the Best Magazine Website in Asia. The Time Out KL team, led brilliantly by Lim Chee Wah, work so hard to be the defining voice of entertainment and the arts in the city and these awards are rich reward for their tireless efforts,” said Matthew Bellotti, the Chief Content Officer of Mongoose Publishing.
The MPA Awards are the most prestigious publishing awards in the country and are contested fiercely by the 17 biggest publishing houses in Malaysia. For the last few years, the Association has been giving out awards for the Best Magazine Cover (won overall by Time Out Kuala Lumpur in 2011), and this year the MPA extended the categories by inviting entries for The Best Editorial Feature, The Best Designed Issue and The Best Magazine Covers in Chinese, English and Bahasa Malaysia. Mongoose’s twenty awards in total ranked the publishing house among the very best in the country – no other publisher won as many Gold awards as Mongoose’s seven.
Expatriate Lifestyle, winning their first MPA Awards, took home 3 Merit Awards for Best Editorial and 1 Silver Award for the Best Design. Antoine Commare, the Executive Editor of Expatriate Lifestyle was very excited about winning these awards, “Expatriate Lifestyle took home our first ever MPA Awards. And not just one, but four of them! As we approach ten years of publishing, we have firmly established Expatriate Lifestyle, as the best, biggest and market-leading magazine for expatriates living in Malaysia. Not least because it is our 10th anniversary, 2013 promises to be our greatest year yet.”
Esquire Malaysia, launched in April 2011 won 2 Bronze Awards for the Best Cover, 2 Gold and 1 Silver Award for The Best Editorial and 3 Gold Awards for the Best Design. Sam Coleman, The Editor-in-Chief of Esquire Malaysia was very happy at receiving these awards, “Esquire winning eight awards is very impressive when you take into account the magazine only launched in April 2011, hence only eight issues were eligible for entry. The three Gold awards for Best Editorial and two Golds for design tell their own story about the stunning quality of the work that the Esquire Malaysia team produce every single month.”
Graham Paling, the Group CEO of Mongoose Publishing, was delighted at receiving these awards, “Mongoose has grown and flourished in recent years. Less than five years ago we had just two magazines and a staff of less than ten. We now have more than 75 in the team working to world class standards in journalism, design, digital, marketing, sales, and multi-platform media. It has been an amazing journey, contributed to by a truly outstanding team that it is a privilege to work alongside. These 21 awards reflect their hard work, creativity and passion. We may not be the largest publisher in Malaysia, but with an awards haul like this, we are indisputably among the best. Watch this space for more growth and more success from Mongoose in the months ahead.”
Mongoose Publishing also publish Time Out Singapore, Esquire Singapore, The Circular for RSGC, The Address &Directions for Dijaya Corporation Bhd in addition to managing the website and publishing marketing material for the Malaysian Golf Tourism Association and managing the social & website content for BBKLCC and TalentCorp’s MyWorkLife portal.
MPA stands for the Magazine Publishers Association. MPA Malaysia is the industry association for consumer magazines in Malaysia. They pride themselves in being the primary source of information and references pertaining to the magazine publishing industry.
The World Association of Newspapers and News Publishers, or WAN-IFRA, is the global organisation of the world’s press, representing more than 18,000 publications, 15,000 online sites and over 3,000 companies in more than 120 countries. The complete list of winners can be found at http://www.wan-ifra.org/articles/2012/11/28/list-of-winners-for-2012