- Mongoose Media Appoints Nicholas Ng As Vice President, Sales
- New Appointments For Mongoose Media: New Editor In Chief For Esquire Malaysia And Expatriate Lifestyle
- The Men's Health Women's Health Night Run By AIA Vitality
- A Night Of Style At The Inaugural ELLE Style Awards
- Mongoose Publishing Wins 5 Awards At Last Night's 2016 MPAS Awards Ceremony
- Mongoose Media Reports Record Digital Traffic In Malaysia And Singapore
- ELLE Malaysia Announces The Launch Of ELLE Style Awards
- Men's Health Women's Health Night Run By Aia Vitality Hosts 14,000 Runners In Putrajaya
- Mongoose Media Launches Interactive Editions For ELLE And Esquire
- Mongoose Media Elevates Patrick Brennan To Group CEO
- Esquire Singapore named as a finalist in the SOPA 2016 Awards
- Esquire launches defining website for men in Singapore
- Men's Health Women's Health Night Run by AIA Vitality - Malaysia's Largest Night Run Series!
- ELLE Malaysia enjoys "Best Lifestyle App" success at WAN-IFRA Digital Media Awards
- Mongoose Publishing celebrates 15 wins at MPA Malaysia Awards 2015
- Mongoose Names Claire Burgess Strategy & Business Director
- Men's Health Malaysia Reveals Eugene Phua as New Editor
- Time Out Singapore goes free from December
- Mongoose Announces New Editor-in-Chief for Esquire Malaysia
- Mongoose Hires Patrick Brennan as Director of Business Development
- Time Out Kuala Lumpur Digital Traffic Hits Record High
- Mongoose Earns Two Prestigious Wins at Spark Awards for Media Excellence 2015
- Time Out Singapore Announces Week of Free
- Mongoose Publishing appoints Kate Guest as ELLE Editor-In-Chief
- TIME OUT MALAYSIA KIDS LAUNCHES!
- Expatriate Lifestyle Charity Open 2015
- Mongoose in Singapore Crowned "Media Publishing Company of the Year" For The Second Year Running at 2015 MPAS Awards
- FIPP meets...Mongoose Publishing's chief content officer, Matt Bellotti
- Women's Health Magazine launched!
- Sueann Chong named Editor for launch of Women's Health Malaysia
- Mongoose announces Lynette Ow as new Editorial Director
- Time Out reveals top places to eat in KL right now
- Zul Andra named Editor-in-Chief of Esquire Singapore
- Mongoose Publishing wins most awards at MPA Awards 2014
- Expatriates Rank The Best Of Malaysia's Hotels, Resorts & Attractions
- Mongoose to announce new Editor-in-Chiefs for Esquire Singapore and Esquire Malaysia
- Mongoose Wins Gold at The Spark Awards 2014
- Timeout Singapore welcomes new editor on board
- Mongoose Publishing launches Women's Health Malaysia
- Time Out Kuala Lumpur recognised at SOPA Awards
- Time Out Penang 2014/15 officially launched by Tourism Exco
- RM60,000 raised at the Expatriate Lifestyle Charity Open 2014
- Mongoose Publishing sweeps 15 awards to become "Media Publishing Company of the Year 2014" at the 2014 MPAS Awards
- Esquire Malaysia takes gold and silver awards at The Asia Media Awards 2014
- Lynette Ow appointed as new General Manager, Marketing of Mongoose Publishing
- ELLE MALAYSIA LAUNCHED!
- Elle Malaysia Magazine Launches Website & App
- Esquire Malaysia Selected "Best International Magazine Cover Of 2013"
- Esquire Singapore Unveils New Managing Editor
- Esquire's Malaysia Movember Movement Raises 100,000 for The National Cancer Society of Malaysia
- KL dining scene celebrates all time high!
- Time Out Kuala Lumpur Wins "Best Magazine Website" In Asia
- Esquire magazine announces Malaysia's Best Dressed Real Man for 2013
- Mongoose Publishing Acquires Men's Health Malaysia
- The Best of Malaysia's Hotels, Resorts & Attractions 2013 - Revealed!
- ELLE Malaysia Magazine Announces Key Roles
- ELLE Announce Editor-In-Chief
- ELLE Malaysia Unveils The Editor-in-Chief
- Time Out Singapore named "Digital Media Product of the Year" at 2013 MPAS Awards
- Esquire Singapore sweeps three awards at 2013 MPAS Awards
- Esquire Malaysia's Eric Bana cover cited as a 'favourite cover of 2013'
- ELLE Magazine to launch in Malaysia
- Esquire Malaysia presents Brilliant Malaysians Raises RM83,000 For Malaysian Diabetes Association
- An Expatriate View on Malaysia - Matt Bellotti talks about cross-cultural management challenges in Malaysia
- Time Out Penang Ready to Rock Penang in May 2013
- Esquire Malaysia and Singapore's Editor-in-Chief Sam Coleman on "The Morning Bell" @Capital TV
- Mongoose Publishing Celebrates Record Award Winning Week
- Mongoose Publishing to take over publishing rights of Time Out Singapore magazine from October 2012
- Esquire Launches in Singapore
- Mongoose Tweeting Team Malaysia To Gold
- Mongoose Publishing Unveils New Titles
- Hearst Magazines International Launches Esquire in Singapore Starting with The September Issue
- Esquire Magazine to Hit Singapore's Shores in September 2012
- Time Out Kuala Lumpur is The Best Entertainment and Lifestyle Magazine in Malaysia
- Esquire Malaysia is the Best Men's Fashion Magazine in Malaysia
Esquire Singapore Unveils New Managing Editor
Date: 19 December 2013
Source: Esquire Singapore
Singapore, 19 December 2013: Mongoose Publishing is proud to unveil the new spearhead of the Esquire Singapore brand, Managing Editor Ms Janie Cai.
Cai is internationally recognized for her brilliance in the magazine field and makes the step up from her former role as Fashion Director on the publication, a role she has filled since its successful launch in September 2012.
Esquire Singapore has firmly established itself as the defining voice of what it takes to be Man At His Best. No other publication offers the dynamic journalism and vibrant fashion editorial advice to the stylish, modern men of Singapore.
In the Media Publishers Association Singapore Awards 2013, Esquire Singapore was awarded Consumer Magazine of the Year, Integrated Media Brand of the Year and Best Front Cover (Consumer), an unprecedented haul for a magazine in its first full year.
Janie Cai has been responsible for much of Esquire Singapore’s success, and now steps into the figurehead role on the title.
“I am honored to be given this role as Managing Editor,” says Cai.“Esquire Singapore is an amazing title and we have a brilliant, hard-working team to create it each month, as well as deliver a quality website and social media platforms.” “I’m excited to grow the brand and, moving forward, to develop the ideas I have for even more engaging stories, innovative treatments and high quality content that the team are already working on for 2014.” As Managing Editor, Janie Cai will be supported with two additional internal promotions as Doreen Tan becomes Associate Fashion Editor and Wayne Cheong steps up to Associate Editor. Tan and Cheong have both been integral members of the Esquire Singapore team since launch and are deservedly rewarded for their contribution to the publication’s success.
Since graduating with a Bachelor of Arts (Honors) from Central St Martins in 2004, Janie Cai has taken the art and fashion world by storm during a decade of outstanding work across many of South East Asia’s most successful magazines.
Prior to joining Esquire Singapore, Cai was Fashion Director at AUGUST Man Singapore where she rose from the position of Fashion Stylist and Fashion Editor. She has also been recruited for freelance and styling work for Prestige Singapore, Prestige Lifestyle, Harper’s Bazaar, Men’s Folio, Indigo Singapore and WOW in Singapore, Malaysia and Hong Kong. Janie has also been regularly featured sharing her advice and insight on various media outlets, and is a regular at international fashion shows.
She will lead the Esquire Singapore team under direction from Mongoose Editorial Director Sam Coleman and Managing Director Russell Channon. Channon said, “Janie Cai embodies everything good about magazines in South East Asia today. She understands how to deliver brilliant content that engages the reader and delivers real value to them.”
“We have been so impressed with Janie’s work as Fashion Director and her ideas for developing Esquire Singapore that she was an automatic choice to lead the team and become our Managing Editor. She is smart, bold, dynamic and creative, with her finger firmly on the pulse of local and international issues and best magazine practice. Janie is everything you could ever ask for in a Managing Editor.”
Esquire, a brand owned by Hearst Magazines International, is widely regarded among the world’s best and most read men’s magazines. Renowned for its incisive and original reporting, high class journalism, and cutting-edge treatments of fashion, Esquire appears in 27 editions around the world.
Mongoose, the publisher of award-winning magazines Time Out Singapore, Time Out KL, Esquire Malaysia, ELLE Malaysia, Men’s Health Malaysia, Expatriate Lifestyle and several others, have published Esquire Singapore since launch in 2012.
Mongoose have a proven track record for producing high-quality publications and digital platforms with editorial integrity and Esquire Singapore delivers on its promise to positively redefine the way men are portrayed and engaged with in Singapore.
Janie Cai encapsulated her vision for Esquire Singapore by saying “Esquire is the world’s leading authority for men, a defining and definitive word that carries both style and substance. We at Esquire Singapore are dedicated to delivering a print publication and digital experience that matches our readers high expectations and respects their intellect. Esquire Singapore is for men who are active, optimistic, good humored, stylish and who strive to be Man At His Best.”